WIPO Media Center
Find out what's happening at WIPO and get background information on intellectual property (IP) issues.
A new Global Innovation Index feature combines big data and leading-edge mapping techniques to pinpoint science and technology clusters. This fresh perspective complements the GII’s annual ranking of 120-plus economies around the world.
This lively video gives a high-altitude overview of WIPO’s work.
Contact Media Relations
- Tel: (+41 22) 338 81 61 | 338 72 24
- Fax: (+41 22) 338 81 40
- Event media accreditation
Worldwide filings for patents, trademarks and industrial designs reached record heights in 2016 amid soaring demand in China.
Doing more with less: Some of the 126 economies surveyed in this year’s Global Innovation Index are innovating more efficiently than others. Who are they – and what are they doing right?
WIPO's newest treaty helps hundreds of millions of people living with visual impairments around the world.
Demand for WIPO's IP services for patents, trademarks and industrial designs reached a new record in 2017.
Which famous musicians are also listed as inventors on international patent applications filed via WIPO?
The rising rate of innovation means new challenges for adjudicating IP disputes. WIPO is helping by increasing its support for the world’s IP judges.
Press releases Search press releases
- WIPO Wire – A short selection of news, features and resources from WIPO. 2 per month
- WIPO Press Releases – WIPO's main news releases as they are published.
- WIPO Magazine – Articles and features showing intellectual property, creativity and innovation at work worldwide. 6 per year.